Among all the different cosmetic and skincare products that comprise the American market, none have taken makeup kits and cabinets by a storm as anti-aging skin care products.
Often regarded as portable fountains of youth, these products comprise a multi-billion dollar industry driven by the everlasting desire to maintain youthful and healthy skin. Thanks to these products, many customers have been able to shave off as much as five to ten years from their appearance with religious applications and consistent routines.
While the premise of these products has always been to prevent signs of aging from compromising one’s youthful glow, the number of available options has indeed changed, and quite significantly at best!
Today, there are thousands of different options with varying names, reviews, and targeted effects that seek to care for one’s skin. Whether you want to maintain your glow or are an older citizen who is fighting against wrinkles, there’s always a product best for you. This conversely leads to one question: “How can I choose the best anti-aging skin-care products?”
If you want to invest in a set of anti-aging products to keep your youthfulness intact, there’s no need to worry because we’ve got you covered with this guide.
What are anti-aging skin-care products supposed to do?
These products are mainly formulated and developed to reverse skin cell damage to prevent hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, dull complexions, and a loss of elasticity. Over time, these products have become far more advanced in the way they work thanks to continuous research and improved practices.
Although the continuous development of new skincare products is excellent in every sense, the boom of the anti-aging industry has made it harder to find the right products.
A few components to watch out for when shopping around for products
Amid all the standard pieces of advice that are given out when finding the best products for one’s needs, the most effective approach entails spotting and purchasing options with specific components. To best ensure that you find all the right products that keep your skin as youthful as possible, here are three essential ingredients you should watch out for:
Must-find ingredient Types #1 and 2: Antioxidants and Anti-inflammatory agents
Commonly available in the form of a package deal, both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents are found in most effective anti-aging products!
Here are the top 5 most common antioxidants found in skincare today:
1. Vitamin C: Other than being a free radical scavenger, vitamin C has other skin benefits, like boosting collagen production and fading dark spots.
2. Vitamin E (Tocopherol): Aside from being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin E is widely recognized for its ability to accelerate the skin’s healing process.
3. Resveratrol: A chemical compound found mostly in the skins of fruits like grapes and berries, peanuts, tea and red wine, resveratrol serves as the plant’s defensive armor. It’s an antimicrobial substance produced by plants to protect themselves from air pollution, infection, intense UV radiation and extreme climate changes.
4. Polyphenols: As found in vegetables, super fruits & green tea, contains chemopreventive properties that “possess anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antioxidant properties to prevent UV-induced skin photodamage,
5. Flavonoids: An antioxidant found in green and black teas, have the potential to treat rosacea, reduce inflammation and oxidative stress
Here are the top 5 most common anti-inflammatory skincare ingredients:
1. Calendula Extract: medicinal flower that relieves eczema and treats acne with protective antioxidant carotenoids.
2. White Willow Bark: Bark from the white willow tree is a source of anti-inflammatory compounds called flavonoids that give it inflammation- and pain-relieving abilities comparable to aspirin (great for acne prone skin!)
3. Chamomile: Bisabolol is an anti-irritant that naturally occurs in chamomile and gives it a healing quality.
4. Green Tea: Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is a polyphenol in green tea with both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is known to protect against UV damage.
5. Licorice Root: With an arsenal of dozens of anti-inflammatory compounds and a powerful antioxidant called glabridin, licorice is a heavy-hitter when it comes to treating sensitive skin prone to itchiness, redness, eczema, and psoriasis.
These two components are essential if you want to seek results because of the functions that they perform together. The reason they’re so effective is that antioxidants scavenge for free radicals to prevent oxidative stress and damage, while anti-inflammatory agents avoid extensive damage to skin cells. Beyond preventing harmful effects, these two components facilitate the production of new cells, effectively completing the cycle and creating healthier skin!
Must-find ingredient #3: UV protection
As you age, one of the biggest threats that your skin can run into is overexposure to UV rays. This can eventually compromise the overall health of your skin and make it age rapidly.
Aside from skin cancer and sunburns, overexposure to these rays must be avoided because they thoroughly damage the skin and allow the effects of aging to set in more in-depth. With the help of a product that’s outfitted with UV protection, however, you can further prevent the effects of aging and make sure that your skin stays young and healthy! Check out our Better’n Ur Skin Organic Mineral Foundation for everyday protection for your face. Please note that this product is not rated with a SPF number, as it is technically not sunscreen, but it will provide enough protection so that you can go out in the sun and not worry about your face for an hour or more – taking your daily walk, sitting on your patio, some people even find they can go on the beach for short periods of time without applying extra sunscreen.
While there may be many different forms of anti-aging skincare products available in today’s market, finding the best option that best suits your needs all boils down to seeking crucial ingredients. By seeking out the three components mentioned above, you’ll be able to ensure that your skin is well protected to promote growth at all times!
If you're looking for the best anti-aging skincare products, we've got you covered with a wide range of good for your skin products that also include antioxidants, bioclear skin products, and the best antiaging facial serums and creams. Check out our online shop today to learn more about our products and how they can help you achieve that desired youthful glow!